Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Thoughts on Motivation, Soup, and Saint Augustine.

Wednesday: we've arrived at the halfway point of the work week, and even better, we've made it through.  Today was a pretty slow day for me, mostly because I had to oversee the administration of a survey to all of the staff at my school all day long.  But, hey, on the bright side:

1.  I got to see someone who I really admire and have developed a great relationship with from central office.  She is always so complimentary and appreciative, and she makes me want to work harder.  I like having people like that in my life.

2.  We are a mere 10 surveys away from 100% completion of the NC Teacher Working Conditions Survey.  Woohoo!  [And yes, the survey is about as exciting as it sounds.]

3.  I was able to attend my church's first Lenten soup supper tonight, and it was pretty great.  There's always an abundance of choices of soups, I get to see my Daddy, and we started a study of Saint Augustine's Confessions, which I've never read before.  I'm looking forward to further discussion about this book over the weeks to come.

4. Despite the wind, sporadic rain, and generally ickiness of the drive, I made it home safe and sound to my cozy little apartment.  AND I get to sleep in just a smidge tomorrow because I'm attending a workshop that doesn't start until 8:30.  Small victories, my friends.

I guess that was kind of like 4.5 things, but whatever.  I'm going to leave you with a quote from Saint Augustine's Confessions that really resonated with me tonight, which speaks to man's connection with and desire for God:

"The thought of you [God] stirs him [man] so deeply that he cannot be content unless he praises you, because you made us for yourself and our hearts find no peace until they rest in you."

Right?

So. Good.

Sleep well, friends.  I'll see you tomorrow!

No comments: