Thursday, March 6, 2014

Love from Students, I'm a Nerd about Poetry, a Grad School Update, and a Cameo by Shannon.

Happy Friday Eve!

Today was a pretty busy day, which is a good thing.  Some highlights for me, I suppose, were:

1. Kindergarten hugs.  There is just something about those little babies and how much they love everybody, especially the keeper of the computers.

2. Love from upper grades elementary kids.  This generally spans from 3rd to 5th grade, and these kids don't give their admiration nearly as freely as the K-2 kids.  So when I have one of these kids come into the lab telling me that I'm "the best teacher ever," it's enough to brighten my day, for sure.

3. I'm totally nerding out over poetry with the 3-5 kids in the lab...and for the most part, they seem to be enjoying listening to and reading lots of different kinds of poetry in the lab this week.  I'll be interested to see how it translates to their actual poetry portfolios that they'll start next week.

4. I am officially done with everything for my grad school application--apart from my test scores being reported, which should happen any time in the next few days.  All of my references are in, my personal statement is in, my proof of teaching licensure is in, and now...I have to wait to hear that it's all there before I can start wondering if I'm going to get in or not.  Phew.

5.  Okay, I was only going to have 4 of these, but then my bestie (sorry, had to) Shannon just called, screaming my name, as she is devouring her first Chickfila sandwich since the plethora of them that we ate while we were in college together at Western.  That 57 second phone call just made my day.  I hope the sandwich was fantastic from start to finish.

So anyway, definitely a good day.  And here's a quote that's resonating with me at the moment.  Well...it's actually more of a blessing, I suppose.

"May you live all the days of your life." ~Irish blessing, also attributed to Jonathan Swift

I love this blessing because it seems simple at first glance, and then it kind of hits you with its deeper meaning.  I certainly hope that when all is said and done that I've lived well.  And I hope it for you, too!

Night, friends!

No comments: