Sunday, March 23, 2014

So...I've been gone for a while. Here's why:

Hi, friends!


Last Wednesday was the last time I posted, and the main reason for that is that Thursday night was spent in a frenzy of packing and preparing to leave for the beach.  I left for the beach on Friday after school and didn't get back until earlier this evening, so...that pretty much explains why I've been on hiatus.  Now, I don't think I can come up with enough to make up 16 reasons, but we'll see how many I can create starting now.  Here we go!

1.  I am thankful to work with people who are as enthusiastic about doing what's best for the kids as I am.  It's fulfilling to be able to have great conversations with coworkers about how to make changes that will benefit our kids.

2.  I am thankful to have great friends who will invite me along to the beach for the weekend and let me hang out.  This weekend was wonderful and not just because of the setting.  Speaking of which...

3. I am thankful to have had my toes in the sand, and very briefly in the waters, of our beautiful Atlantic Beach this weekend.  It was a beautiful day on Saturday, and we were able to go for a nice long walk.

4. I am thankful for being able to enjoy a beach thunderstorm from inside the walls of cozy beach cottage.

5. I am thankful for the shrimp risotto at the Channel Marker restaurant.  So good.

6. I am thankful for the chance to enjoy watching great movies with good people.

7. I am thankful for honey Teddy Grahams and vanilla frosting.  Oh my gosh.  Best snack food ever.

8.  I am thankful for beautiful driving weather on my way out to the beach, and for a relatively chill drive home, despite some rain.

9.  I am thankful for the Welcome to Nightvale podcast for giving me something entertaining to enjoy on the drive to the beach and the drive back home.

10.  I am thankful for baby cuddles, especially from the sweetest little Reagan Bear.

11.  I am thankful for cool showers on sunburned skin.

12. I am thankful that I only have a little sunburn on my forearms, and that the sunburn I have doesn't hurt too badly.

13.  I am thankful for the opportunity to be a coach to our school's Battle of the Books team.  We compete tomorrow, and I can't wait to see how our kids do.

14.  I am thankful for being back at home in my own house, comfy and warm.

15.  I am thankful for the delicious simplicity of a peanut butter sandwich.

16. I am thankful to be beginning another week at a job I love.

Look at that!  I caught up!!  I didn't think I'd have enough, but as the list got longer, I wanted to make it to the end.  So there's my Thurs-Sun wrap up.  I'm thinking maybe I'll snag a couple of good quotes for this one--have a great week, everyone!

I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in.  ~George Washington Carver

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.  ~Kahlil Gibran

No comments: