Sunday, March 16, 2014

On Relaxation, Taking Care of Myself, and Recharging for a New Week

Happy Sunday, friends.

Today I did something I don't do often; I stayed home from church.  The reasons for that mostly have to do with some less than pleasant details regarding me not feeling so great last night and this morning, so I won't dwell on them.  Suffice it to say that I didn't feel up to driving to Raleigh today, even though it bums me out to not see my parents.

1.  I mentioned my parents earlier, and I just feel the need to take a moment to include them in my list of things I'm thankful for...I'm incredibly lucky to have a great relationship with them, despite and even sometimes as a result of difficulties we've overcome in the past.  [It's worth mentioning that those difficulties were primarily my own fault.]  However, this morning when I called to let them know that that I didn't feel up to going to church, Linda was just super understanding and encouraged me to rest up and take it easy so I would be feeling better soon.  I love you guys. :)

2.  I was able to get the aforementioned rest today, and it's been really nice.  I relaxed and let things settle down, and I now feel much more recharged and prepared to take on the work week ahead.  I'm also going to knock out my lesson plans, which really just consists of figuring out what I want to do with my K-2 kiddos, since my 3-5 kids will be continuing an ongoing project.

3.  If any of you happen to enjoy video games at all, I highly recommend that you check out any of the "Hank and Katherine Play Super Mario Bros Wii" videos.  I've been watching them and laughing my butt off, and I'm not even a huge video game player myself.

Today has been a simple enough day that I don't really think I need a 4th thing.  My 3 things were pretty great all on their own.

By all means use sometimes to be alone.  Salute thyself; see what thy soul doth wear." ~George Herbert

No comments: