Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Love Notes, Contentment, and Spicy Ice Cream.

So, today was pretty great.  It was a long day, for sure, but it was a good day.

1. All of my classes went exceptionally well today.  I'm so happy with how productive my 3-5 classes are being with their Poetry Portfolios.

2. I got a sweet note from one of my 2nd graders, pictured here:

3.  I had one of those moments this afternoon where I was just really glad to be working where I'm working.  I pretty much love my job, even when it becomes a little stressful here and there.

4.  I got to see Richelle this evening--we went over to Sunni Skies and enjoyed a scoop of ice cream.  In even more exciting news, the Travel Channel was there to film people trying out a couple of extreme flavors offered there: Cold Sweat and Exit Wound.  I hope I don't have to explain the names.  We were in the background of a few shots, so look for us at some point on the Travel Channel, maybe...I think.  It was a gorgeous evening and I just enjoyed the company and the setting immensely.

That's about all I've got for you, today.  We had Curriculum Night after school today, which involved hanging around a bit longer than usual.  I'm ready to turn in and charge up for a new day tomorrow.

Here's a thought to meditate on:

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.  If you want to be happy, practice compassion." ~Dalai Lama

Have a great evening!

No comments: