Friday, March 14, 2014

Yep. Totally spaced on Thursday. Whoops.

Happy Pi Day Friday!

I just realized that I totally spaced out on posting yesterday.  To make up for that error, I'll double my number of good news nuggets.  Yeah, I don't know how I feel about the phrase "good news nuggets," either.  Let's just roll with it for now.

Today has been a pretty stellar day.  Here are some reasons why:

1. In the midst of the chaos of needing to be in about a million places at once this morning, I was struck with appreciation for the fact that I'm needed in this position.  I'm always needed, and this leads to pretty much always being appreciated.

2. I received an official email from ECU Graduate Admissions Office letting me know that my application was complete and is currently being assembled together to be sent to the program to which I'm applying.  I'm relieved to be done with the application process, but now I get to wait and see if I'm accepted.  Cue the nervous nail-biting.

3.  Yesterday I was able to attend a half day workshop that was led by a rep from Apple.  We talked about applications of Apple technology in our classrooms, and focused a good bit on better utilizing our iPads with students, especially as a means of creating.  I was definitely inspired, and I'm excited to share some cool new apps with the staff at my school.

4.  I've been put in charge of getting our staff to complete the 2014 NC Teacher Working Conditions survey, and as of right now, we are a mere ONE survey away from 100% completion.  Woohoo!  [Did I mention I've done this over the course of 3 days?]

5.  I've been drinking more water at work, and I'm actually enjoying the absence of the sweet tea at lunch.  Yay for healthier hydration!

6.  I've discovered a YouTube channel that I enjoy a lot more than I expected; it's nice to laugh at mindless stuff.  In this case it happens to be watching one of my favorite YouTubers play video games with (and sometimes without) his wife.  It's just silly and it takes me outside of myself for a while.

The last two are going to have to do with the same thing, which is me attending Harnett Off Broadway tonight with Richelle:

7. Of the 6 possible art awards for K-5 students, our school picked up 5 of those awards.  Our kids are pretty much the coolest.

8.  Our 2nd grade students were absolutely fantastic tonight.  They rocked out their Irish-themed set of adorable songs, and definitely did our school proud.

Okay, that should make up for my absence yesterday.  But considering there are only about 15 minutes left in THIS day, I'll take my leave and give you this quote to meditate upon:

"I used to think the Lord's Prayer was a short prayer; but as I live longer, and see more of life, I begin to believe there is no such thing as getting through it.  If a man, in praying that prayer, were to be stopped by every word until he had thoroughly prayed it, it would take him a lifetime." ~Henry Ward Beecher

Okay, folks, I'm signing off.  Happy weekend!

No comments: