Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Benedryl, Emergen-C, and Hot Tea.

I woke up this morning to an announcement of a 2-hour delay.  Nice, right?

So I got a little extra sleep, somewhat aware that my throat felt sort of dry.

When I woke up later, my throat wasn't just dry, it was sore.  The kind of sore, itchy obnoxious feeling that's generally caused by one thing: allergies.

So today on my way home, I picked up some Benedryl.  I restocked my supply of Emergen-C.  And I also got some tea that should help soothe things.

So I suppose those could easily be 3 of my four things for today, but here's the official list.

1. I am thankful for that 2-hour delay.  It's nice to be given a little reprieve, and even nicer when you don't have to make it up.

2. I am thankful for working with thoughtful and courteous people who know how to bring suggestions to the table and who know how to say thank you when you go out of your way to do something for them.

3. I am thankful for Benedryl, Emergen-C, and hot tea.  They will help me sleep well tonight.

4. I am thankful for a warm home to come to at the end of the day, especially on dreary, cold, drizzly days like this.

I believe some r&r is in order this evening.  I'm off to finish up my dinner, take my Benedryl and Emergen-C, and then sip on some hot tea until I'm ready to head to bed earlier than usual.  What a night.

"Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul." ~3 John 1:2



No comments: