Sunday, January 2, 2011

Stream of consciousness; changes on the way!

Hello, and Happy New Year!

I've been horribly MIA for quite some time on here, and that's more to do with laziness than busyness.

So, I think what I'm going to do for the new year is to kind of revamp the structure of my blog. I'll still write on a hopefully more regular basis, but I think I might assign a type of post to each day of the week. Is that lame? We'll find out by trying, right?

So, totally writing in a stream of consciousness kind of mode right now, but here's what I'm thinking about:

Monday - I'm thinking about picking a song to share with you on Mondays...get it? Music on Monday? Clever, right?

Tuesday - Perhaps on this day, I might try to post a recipe or something that I'm trying out in the kitchen? What should we call this one? Tasty Tuesday?

Wednesday - I'm thinking this day might be dedicated to writing/sharing some poetry, which I've fallen out of working with, but haven't lost my love for writing. :-) Wednesday's Writer's Corner?

(I'm not going to lie, I'm beginning to feel that perhaps this decision is lamer than I thought...I'm still wanting to give it a test run, at least! Bear with me, I guess.)

Thursday - I think this day will be a day of sharing quotes! We could call it "Thoughtful Thursday" or "Thursday Thoughts" or...I don't know. Something like that. Remember, I'm planning this out in real time, here.

Friday - Hm...if I'm sticking with alliteration, the first thing that came to mind was "funny." So maybe this day will be dedicated to sharing something humorous? Could be story, a picture, or something else...I dunno! We'll see. :-) Funny Friday, for now, I suppose.

For Saturday and Sunday, I'm thinking I'll just stick to the basics and post as I'm able. I figure shooting for at least five days a week (Monday-Friday) is ambitious enough.

So, we'll give this a go, then! Hopefully it will be an exciting addition to the blog site, and perhaps the structure will keep me focused and producing blogs on a regular basis!

Again, Happy New Year to all, and I'll see you tomorrow on Musical Monday! (Music on Monday? Monday Music? I'll figure something out, maybe...)

♥ Marlee

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. ~Benjamin Franklin

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pretty much love this idea. It's not lame, it's exciting!!

Love you!
S

Peter Bourey said...

Bear with you eh???LOL (Was that for Shannon?) Looking forward to seeing how long this lasts!

Marlee said...

Hahahaha, I didn't even catch that! Not gonna lie...I'm glad you find it exciting, Shannon!

Did you see your button?? :-)

Eh? Eh?

Carson the Techie's Blog said...

I wish you the best of luck with this. I commend you for doing this along with everything that you have to do as a teacher. You are the BOMB, Girl!

Anonymous said...

I think it is ambitious, but sounds like GREAT reading .... not lame at all! Looking forwrad to your daily word! Love ya, WSM.

jim bourey said...

Hey Marlee,
Not lame. Ambitious and different. Will definitely be checking out those poetry days along with all the rest. Good thinking.
jim

Marlee said...

I'm so glad you guys think this is a good idea! I'm hoping to get it started and keep it going, and hopefully I won't let you guys down! :-)

Anonymous said...

Pete! I totally thought it was for me, then the song "you're so vain" popped in my head! Ha!

Marlee, if you're going to mess up grammatically at least it was a good one ;] and YES! I saw it and I'm beyond pumped about it!