Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thoughts on Thursday, Vol. 3

Hey there! Happy almost Friday! :-)

For this week's Thoughts on Thursday, I've been feeling like I could use a few humorous quotes. I know I put up a funny story yesterday, and tomorrow we'll have our regular Friday Funnies, but I've just been in the mood for more humorous topics lately. It's always good to laugh, right?

I went to my favorite spot for gathering quotes--The Quote Garden, and the quote they had chosen for the "Daily Harvest" today was too great to pass up sharing. Take a look!

"I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always say because it's such a beautiful animal. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her." ~Ellen DeGeneres

Ha! I thought that was too funny, but then again, I'm a big fan of Ellen, anyway.

So, here are few funny gems I found while perusing the site for some laughs. Enjoy!

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking." ~Attributed to Arthur McBride Bloch

"A gentleman is a man who can play the accordion, but doesn't." ~Author Unknown

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three." ~Elayne Boosler

"You can't have everything...where would you put it?" ~Steven Wright

"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names." ~Elbert Hubbard

This one is a two parter. Enjoy!

"Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen." ~Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

"Lord, Lord, Lord. Protect me from the consequences of the above prayer." ~Douglas Adams Mostly Harmless

"When people are laughing, they're generally not killing each other." ~Alan Alda

"Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails. What puts man in a higher state of evolution is that he has got his laugh on the right end." ~Max Eastman

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground...and miss." ~Douglas Adams

And I'll wrap up today's Thoughts on Thursday with this lovely quote:

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." ~Mark Twain

Hopefully this helped to bring a smile to your face today! I'll see you back here tomorrow for our Friday Funnies, and as always--feel free to post requests in the comments for future quote topics or anything else you'd like to see in the coming weeks!

Goodnight, sleep tight!

♥ Marlee

No comments: