Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday Music Moment, Vol. 5

Can you believe it's already Monday again? I mean...seriously, this weekend felt like it floated by in half a day. Anybody else feel that way today?

Anyway.

So, just to let everyone know what's going on in my neck of the woods, out here in Lillington we lost a beloved member of our community this passed weekend. She fought a tough battle, but ultimately couldn't overcome melanoma. Many people are heartbroken over losing her, but my heart breaks even more for her two children--one is in third grade, the other only in kindergarten. We have a tough job ahead of us to help lift them up and love them through this hardship.

So I guess you could say my mind's been a little preoccupied today. And while I was looking for a good Monday Music Moment, I had this sudden flash of an incredible song from the movie Troy. It's by the always wonderful Josh Groban, and it's a song called "Remember." I can't get over how fitting this song is for many people right now, mainly because I couldn't remember a thing about the lyrics, only the melody! But God works in mysterious ways, and if this song can bring a little bit of healing to any hearts that are hurting from the loss of loved ones...that's all I could hope for right now.

Enjoy the song. The music video is kind of cheesy...it's clips of the movie with Josh Groban's singing head popping around the screen. Cheesiness aside, I hope you'll enjoy it. As per usual, I will post lyrics beneath the video for those who like to read them, too.


Remember, I will still be here
As long as you hold me, in your memory

Remember, when your dreams have ended
Time can be transcended
Just remember me

I am the one star that keeps burning, so brightly,
It is the last light, to fade into the rising sun

I'm with you
Whenever you tell, my story
For I am all I've done

Remember, I will still be here
As long as you hold me, in your memory
Remember me

I am the one voice in the cold wind, that whispers
And if you listen, you'll hear me call across the sky

As long as I still can reach out, and touch you
Then I will never die

Remember, I'll never leave you
If you will only
Remember me

Remember me...

Remember, I will still be here
As long as you hold me
In your memory

Remember, when your dreams have ended
Time can be transcended
I live forever
Remember me

Remember me
Remember... me...

See you guys on the flip side.

♥ Marlee

2 comments:

Peter Bourey said...

Song really hit home for me.....all I could think of was my Dad.....thank you for posting this...I love you.

Marlee said...

I'm glad it was meaningful for you! Love you, too. :-) ♥