Saturday, January 8, 2011

Just popping in for a quick hello!

Hope everyone's weekend is going well. I was able to head to the grocery store with a friend today to capitalize on a major sale on a couple of items. Wound up spending just under $15, but I saved almost $30 from the sale. That's always satisfying. I wish I was better at couponing, but I haven't yet really taken the time to give it a try. My friend Ginny, however, has it down like I've never seen. She spent around $120 today, but she SAVED almost $100 between coupons and sale prices. Amazing. She makes me want to start clipping coupons.

Anyway, I decided to bust out the George Foreman grill tonight and cook up some chicken, but I used one of my favorite Hawaiian-style marinades on it, first. I also made this really yummy brown/red rice blend, and some veggies. It was a good, balanced meal, and I'll have plenty to eat off of for the next day or two. That's one of the cool things about living by myself.

The weather forecast for Monday-Tuesday is looking a little crazy for us here in NC. We went from concerns for a great amount of snow, to bigger concerns about ice and possible power outages. Whatever comes, I have a feeling that we'll probably be looking at at least a delay on Tuesday, and I'm hoping that it won't amount to more than just 1 missed day of school at most. Snow days are nice, but you always have to make them up--and I'd rather not lose my only workday this month, thanks!

So this has been a totally rambling and random post, but I felt like just writing for a little bit. I hope you've enjoyed reading this week, and I want to emphasize again that I encourage and welcome any suggestions and feedback. Are there any days that you feel like need a makeover? Would you like to see quotes on a certain topic, or poems from a specific poet? I want to write for myself, of course, but I love writing things that people really want to read.

Have a great Saturday night, and a wonderful Sunday!

♥ Marlee

"Language...has created the word 'loneliness' to express the pain of being alone. And it has created the word 'solitude' to express the glory of being alone." ~Paul Johannes Tillich, The Eternal Now

No comments: