Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday Music MADNESS!

Okay, so it's not really MADNESS, but it sounded catchier to me.

Today, I bring you a wonderful song: The Book of Love, sung by Peter Gabriel.

I first fell in love with this song when watching the wonderful movie, "Shall We Dance?" If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. I mean, Richard Gere? (Swoon.)

This song is such a sweet one, and I love the fact that it's fairly simple. There isn't a ton of instrumentation, or really any fanfare needed. It's quiet and beautiful.

Here's hoping you found some beauty in your day today!

5 comments:

Sarah Y. said...

I actually cried..so simple and beautiful :-)

Marlee said...

The thing about this one is in the video that this person put together, too...something for an assignment, but it's so beautifully done.

That + an amazing song = perfection.

I'm glad you liked it!
(Sorry it made you cry, lol.)

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me, CQ? This song always makes me tear up.

Me.

Kind of a big deal.

"It's full of flowers and heart-shaped boxes
And things we're all too young to know"

Peter Bourey said...

One of those soul grabbers....nice:)

Marlee said...

I mean, I know it...such a sweet song.

Glad you liked it, too, Daddy!