Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday Music Moment, Vol. 2

Hello and happy Monday to all!

Today is a snow day for my county, and if the weather keeps doing what it's doing outside right now, we could be in for another snow day tomorrow. It's just now starting to stick outside, but the snow has been seriously coming down for the past couple of hours.

So, could be an interesting couple of days for us out here...hopefully the "ice storm" part won't hit us too hard. Worse case scenario, I have a charcoal grill and two bags of charcoal in my pantry. :-)

So, for your Monday Music Moment this week, I've been putting a lot of thought into a great song that has meaning to me and might become one of your favorites, too. Ginny, who I mentioned on Saturday's quick post, introduced me to this group, Straight No Chaser, a couple years back. They are an incredible a Capella group, and I have thoroughly enjoyed everything I've heard from them. I own a couple of their CDs, and this particular song is just amazing. It's a cover of an awesome song by Coldplay called "Fix You," and the levels they create with their voices in this song are AMAZING.

I wanted to post a video of the group actually singing the song, but truthfully, I couldn't find a video that had that and had good sound, so pardon the less than exciting video. But my hope is that you'll enjoy it, whether a Capella music is your cup of tea or not. Listen all the way through, because the layers only get more complex and beautiful as the song goes on to the end.

I'll be back tomorrow with a recipe, which just might be for whatever kind of soup I decide to make tonight. Let me know your thoughts on the song, and by all means, check out their other stuff. They are incredibly talented.

Stay warm!

No comments: