Thursday, December 8, 2011

Why am I not sleeping?

I assure you, my friends, I shall be sleeping heartily soon.

I have to say, I'm starting to get a little bit excited for Christmas...my kiddos are obviously geeking out on Christmas break, which is still a whole week away.  We just have to make it through next Friday and then we can go and have our two weeks away from each other and enjoy the season and our families.

Can I just say that I'm still not certain what I'll be making for cookie swap?  My swap is on Saturday, and I've been wavering back and forth...I have a tried and true recipe for Oreo Truffles that is amazing, if not slightly labor-intensive. The upside is that no baking is involved, and it makes a pretty large quantity of truffles.  If I've piqued your interest, you can find my post about Oreo Truffles here.

The other option I have for Saturday is to try a new recipe, though there are some obvious risks in that.  I don't know!  My gut tells me I'll wind up doing my Oreo Truffles anyway.  We'll see, I suppose.  I'll try to remember to take pictures of the spread on Saturday so that I can share my party with you.

Tomorrow is Friday (hooray!) and in the afternoon, we're having a Christmas Around the World celebration.  My classroom got Italy, which I was pretty stoked on, and I feel like our display came out looking pretty awesome.  If I wasn't already up waaaaay past my bed time, I'd share those photos now, but since it is actually slightly after 11 and I do need to be functional in the morning, I'll stop here and promise to share those photos very soon!

I hope everyone is having a great week.  Mine has been pretty great, all things considered.  The kiddos are crazy this time of year, and I figure so long as we can come back each day and try again, we're successful.

I'll post again soon.  Night, friends.

Until next time,

♥ Marlee

No comments: