Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas craziness...

Merry belated Christmas, everyone!

This Christmas holiday has flown by...I can hardly believe that in just four short days we'll be embarking on a whole new year.  My kiddos will be back in five days, and I'm ready to come at them with some unexpected strategies to curb our talking and lack of focus issues.  Just wait and see!

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas.  Mine was pretty quiet, but lovely nonetheless.  I got some super cute clothes, including a gorgeous deep teal pea coat, an incredibly awesome ginormous tote bag, some pillows (that I desperately needed), a quesadilla maker (holla!), and a myriad of sweets to last me for a good little while.  And that was mostly from my parents (the quesadilla maker was care of my stepbro and his lady).

But what I get every year at this time, even more precious than any gift I'm given, is the chance to hang out and be silly with family.  We laugh, we watch movies, we play games; we make memories.  And I'd take all of that over any present!

Anyway, with New Year's Eve quickly approaching, I have two big things to be thinking about--my dad's birthday, which coincides with our transition into 2012, and ringing in the new year with friends.

So, I'm off to crawl into bed at a reasonable time for the first night since Christmas Eve Eve, as I have to get my sleep cycle readjusted after the holidays

Enjoy the last few days of this year--I hope it's been a good one, and hey, if it hasn't, start making plans to change all that in 2012!

Until next time,
♥ Marlee

No comments: