Thursday, March 31, 2011

Thoughts on Thursday, Vol. 13

Hey guys,

I'm sorry this is another late post, I was up late grading papers and watching Grey's Anatomy. I want to make sure that I give you some thoughts for today, however, so here they are--enjoy!

On Spring, which we hope will actually decide to come and stay a while:

"Spring makes its own statement, so loud and clear that the gardener seems to be only one of the instruments, not the composer." ~Geoffrey B. Charlesworth (I love that name, by the way.)

"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade." ~Charles Dickens (Also known as the definition of Spring in North Carolina.)

"It's spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!" ~Mark Twain

"I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden." ~Ruth Stout

On music:

"A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians pain their pictures on silence." ~Leopold Stokowski

"Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life." ~Berthold Auerbach

"All deep things are song. It seems somehow the very central essence of us, song; as if all the rest were but wrappages and hulls!" ~Thomas Carlyle

"Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons. You will find it is to the soul what a water bath is to the body." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

(I will be revisiting the topic of music--there are so many awesome quotes to be found.)

Lastly, on April Fools Day!

"April 1. This is the day upon which we are reminded of what we are on the other three hundred and sixty-four." ~Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson, 1894

"Forgive, O Lord, my little jokes on Thee,
And I'll forgive Thy great big one on me."
~Robert Frost, "Cluster of Faith," 1962

"If every fool wore a crown, we should all be kings." ~Welsh Proverb

"We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance." ~Japanese Proverb

"The trouble with practical jokes is that very often they get elected." ~Will Rogers


There you go! Hope you enjoyed the thoughts--as always, let me know if there are any topics you'd love to read some thoughts on and I'll be happy to do some looking.

Off to bed for me--happy Friday eve!

♥ Marlee

No comments: