Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Writer's Corner Wednesday, Vol. 12

Hey there! You've made it to the halfway point! :)

For today's Writer's Corner Wednesday, I thought I'd write a little bit for my uncle, Kelly. He's retiring from the Air Force after many, many years of service, and I've always been really proud of his super important job that I don't know that much about. (But so it goes in the dealings of military intelligence, eh?)

So anyway, this is for you, Uncle Kelly.

Patriot.
Composed, resolved.
Trusted, strong, leader.

Elmer Davis said, "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

You are the brave.
You are the protectors; you are the far-too-often unsung heroes.

You've sacrificed and given your life over--not for yourself,
but for the freedom and safety of others.

How many others do that just in their day to day life?

You've set foot on foreign soil with the goal of protecting the freedom of our great country.

And after so many years of service,
you deserve to retire with honors and gratitude.

You have witnessed tragedy and war firsthand.
And still you fought.

And for that, as Shakespeare says:
"I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks."

I love you Uncle Kelly! I'm so proud of you and I can't wait to see you in just 2 short days!

Just as an update to yesterday's post:
The crock pot recipe I made up was an absolute success! I came home today to pork chops that were literally falling apart in this delicious gravy of potato soup and garlic pepper and mushrooms...I wound up just breaking apart the chops and spooning the delicious concoction over brown rice. Deeeelicious!

I'm keeping this brief, and I also want to let you know that I've already written and scheduled my posts for Thursday and Friday. I'll be traveling Thursday and busy in DC on Friday, so I wanted to let you know now that both posts will be up at 4:00 on their respective days. Come back and check it out! :)

Have a great evening!

♥ Marlee

No comments: