Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tasty Tuesday, Vol. 13

Howdy!

Today I was thinking about how our food tastes tend to change as we move from colder seasons into warmer ones. I thought I'd do a little research on some easy crock pot dishes that are a little more spring/summery than all of the stews and chilis and roasts we make during the colder part of the year.

Here are some of my findings. Click the recipe title for more info!

Sweet and Sour Crockpot Ribs

These super easy ribs cook in the crockpot so all you have to do is fill it and let the machine do the rest of the work. It's really wonderful to come home to the aroma of ribs cooking in a fabulous sauce!

BBQ Beef Crockpot Sandwiches

This three ingredient recipe tastes like so much more than the sum of its parts. If you'd like, you could add some creamy salad dressing to the uncooked coleslaw mix before you make sandwiches with the tender beef mixture and the crusty rolls.

Crockpot Artichoke Spinach Dip

This classic dip is made easier in the crockpot. It's rich and cheesy and altogether delicious, perfect for special spring meals.

Sweet and Spicy Kielbasa

Sweet and Spicy KielbasaLinda Larsen

Griling usd to be my favorite way to cook kielbasa until this recipe. I love the sweet and salty flavor of the sausage with the mustard and brown sugar. You can serve it in grilled buns instead of hot dogs for a fabulous casual recipe.

Pesto Chicken Crockpot Pitas

Chicken Pesto PitasLinda Larsen

A rich chicken filling of chicken, onions, red bell peppers, and garlic is made in the crockpot, then combined with a mayonnaise and pesto mixture and stuffed into whole wheat pita breads with baby spinach. Yum!








Don't they sound yummy? What are some of your favorites to cook during warmer months? I, for one, would love to cook up some spinach and artichoke dip...because any form of spinach and/or artichoke dip is always amazing. Am I right, or am I right? :)

Give me some of your favorites, too! (Not just crock pot favorites, but spring and summer recipe favorites!)

I'll see you folks tomorrow for our next Writer's Corner Wednesday. Have a great night!

♥ Marlee

No comments: