Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tasty Tuesday, Vol. 10

Happy Shrove Tuesday, everybody!

For those of you who aren't familiar with the season of Lent, Shrove Tuesday is our last chance to go overboard before choosing our Lenten fast. Lent is the 40-day period that leads up to Easter, during which we fast (usually from something specific) while we reflect on Christ's period of 40 days and 40 nights during which he was tempted. It's something I've grown accustomed to being a part of for as long as I can remember.

Last year, I chose to do what I referred to as a "reverse fast," by adding something into my life on a daily basis that wasn't there before...I chose to start a Positivity Project, where I posted a daily list of positive moments or lessons learned from the day. It was a great experience, and a great exercise in gratitude for what I have.

I'm still a little stuck on what to do this year, but I'm sure I'll think of something. :)

Anyway, this is supposed to be Tasty Tuesday post, right?

I spent this evening with my dad at our church partaking in our annual Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper. I gorged on pancakes and sausage, and I started to think about other foods that I'm pretty sure I could eat every day for the rest of my life. Here are a few:

Baked Macaroni and Cheese

REAL Mashed Potatoes

Pot Roast

I mean, can we talk about it? Amazing.


Those are just a few of my favorites, but as you can see...anything homemade goes a long way with me. What are the foods you could live on for the rest of your life? Share in the comments below!

I hope you'll be understanding of the brevity of this post...got in late from the pancake supper. :) I'll see you kids again tomorrow for our Writer's Corner Wednesday.

Until tomorrow,

♥ Marlee

No comments: