Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tasty Tuesday, Vol. 11

Hello and Happy to Tuesday to all!

I got home a little late this evening from a PTO meeting, but even though it ran a little long, I really enjoyed myself for the most part. It strikes me in various moments throughout the day that I work with some really awesome people, and it makes me even more happy to be where I am. If things go as I hope they will, I'm looking forward to continuing to grow professionally along side a lot of really great teachers.

So, here we are at another Tasty Tuesday, and I have to say that I'm struggling a little each week, especially with coming up with a post for this day. I'd love suggestions from you about things you'd like to see featured on these days. I will however, share a great banana muffin recipe that I came across online. I'm planning on using the last of a bunch of bananas that I have to make them. Check it out:

Banana Crumb Muffins

Ingredients:
Muffins
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 c. white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 c. butter, melted
Topping
1/3 c. brown sugar
2 tbsp flour
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp butter

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tbsp of butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.

I mean, don't those sound incredible? I know! I'll have to let you know how they come out when I finally make them, but if any of you give them a try, definitely let me know!

I'm probably gonna cut this one a little short. Forgive me, these 12+ hour days are enough to wear a body out. I'll see you kids back here tomorrow for our next Writer's Corner Wednesday.

Have a great night!

♥ Marlee

No comments: