Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Writer's Corner Wednesday, Vol. 11

Hey guys.

Sorry I've been kind of slack lately...today was a long day, but a good day. I enjoy getting to interact with folks I've not gotten to talk to much at work. Also, my principal is awesome and gave me a guitar strap today! Super cool.

I'm afraid I don't have it in me to bring you something I've penned today, but I promise that next week I'll bring you something I've written. :)

Okay, so I thought I'd find some really neat shape poems to share with you. I think shape poems are really interesting because the poet has the choice to simply describe the shape they're creating, or to write about the actions that that shape is doing or can do, or so many other things...it's just another example of the wide range of opportunities available to anyone who chooses to write some poetry!

Here we go!

I can't decide if I like the cat or the hand more. Both of those are super cool. The ampersand one is pretty nifty, too, though.

Anyway, try your own hand at a shape poem sometime--they're fun to plan and execute. Let me know if you write one and would like to share it.

I'll see you folks tomorrow--and I'll have a full-length post for you then!

Goodnight!

♥ Marlee

No comments: