Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tasty Tuesday, Vol. 9

Hey there and happy Tuesday, friends!

Today was pretty stinking insane in third grade. We went on a field trip to see a traditional Chinese music concert, wound up lost and late, and enjoyed a wonderful picnic lunch at Sarah P. Duke gardens. It was an adventure from start to finish. On a somewhat related note, can I just say that having a kid sleep with their head your lap, whether they are only 8 months or all the way up to 9 years old...it's pretty magical. It truly makes me happy in my heart for reasons that are kind of hard to explain.

So, what's the dish for this Tasty Tuesday? Well, I thought I'd take you through my dinner for tonight, which I'll be making in a style I learned from my parents. Tonight it's tilapia, green beans, and brown rice. Let's make this more interesting with some pictures, yes?

Here's me:
Thought I'd wave hello! (Note that I'm in my school's polo shirt, and my lanyard is STILL around my neck...I should probably take that off.)


Here are all of the ingredients needed for the fish:
Tilapia fillets, olive oil, butter, salt, and pepper - that's it!


I started by melting a medium-sized pat of butter into the olive oil I added to my pan:
I only added enough olive oil to coat the pan, with just a little extra.


Then I added my fillets:
Yum!


I had to be careful as I turned them, you'll notice that they fall apart pretty easily.
I pretty much just did a few minutes on each side...there's no need for more than that.


One more of the yummy fish in the pan:
Note the occurrence of more pieces falling apart at this point.


And now, the finished product:
Yum!


I heated up the green beans in the microwave from a bag of frozen veggies, and used boil-in-bag brown rice. A really delicious, well-balanced meal!

What's your favorite thing to cook yourself for dinner? Sound off in the comments below!

I'll see you kids tomorrow for a new Writer's Corner Wednesday.

♥ Marlee

No comments: