Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Can I have your attention, please?

Let's just be honest with each other for a minute, okay?


I have this habit of starting things (especially blogs) and then getting bored and dropping off the face of the earth, so to speak.

That isn't what is happening here, I promise.

I've simply had a really kind of stressful couple of days for a couple of different reasons. Yesterday, I was stressed for reasons that have to do with the behavior of my students--specifically one student. I love all of my kids so intensely that it kills me when I go through rough patches and I can't nail down what's wrong or how to fix it. I had one of those days yesterday, and when I got home, I just needed to take a hot bath, read some poetry, and crawl into bed early.

Today, I've had a day filled with abdominal pain. No joke. It made me almost miss work, and it gave me a pretty horrible afternoon. But, now that I've taken a couple of helpful little gel caps, I'm feeling much better. It's just been a long day.

So please, please, please don't think that I'm getting lax for reasons having to do with laziness. Also, understand that we're are a mere 12 school days away from SPRING BREAK, so things are stressful for a variety of reasons across a number of planes. If I get a little sloppy over the next couple of weeks, I promise you I'll pull it back together soon.

I will do my best to post daily. I hate making a schedule like this and not sticking to it. But my hope is that you all understand that my job and my health (both psychological/emotional and physical) has to come before the blog every now and then.

It's my intention to resume my regular schedule tomorrow with our next round of Thoughts on Thursday, however, I think I'll be switching up the titles to my posts to better indicate the focus for the day's post. Keep your eyes ready and be sure to tell me what you think.

Have a great evening, guys.

Thanks so much for reading, and for those of who have taken a minute to tell me that you follow me and read my writing. It's so humbling to have people compliment something that I love to do like this.

I'll see you tomorrow, k?

♥ Marlee

PS - Had a post conference for a total surprise observation last week, and it was overwhelmingly positive. I feel so good about my job and where I'm at right now, and that is such an awesome thing to be able to share with you. Thanks to all of you who have prayed for me over the past year and supported me through the turbulence. Your support means the world.

No comments: