Monday, April 11, 2011

101 Things to do...

Today I was in a staff meeting where a colleague was sharing her experiences at a recent professional development she attended. One of the things that she shared had to do with making a list of the 101 things that I hope to accomplish in my life. The idea is that it gives you some perspective, and it's also a great challenge to give your students so that they can give some thought to their own goals in life.

Anyway, I was inspired by the idea and decided to give it a shot. Obviously, coming up with the whole list in one sitting is a bit ambitious, so I figured that I'd shoot for coming up with the first ten today. I'm going to keep this list in my journal and that way I'll have the whole thing to look over and hopefully check off for years to come.

So, let's get thinking. Here are my first ten things to accomplish in my lifetime:

1. Get debt free.
2. See Europe.
3. Get married.
4. Develop something groundbreaking to make education even better.
5. Give back to education by teaching teachers.
6. Teach high school English, even if it's only for a year.
7. Attend the graduation of one of my students.
8. See the west coast.
9. Write a book.
10. Read the Bible cover to cover.

Wow, that was a little more intense than I thought it would be. I'm excited to see where the rest of the list takes me. Take the challenge yourself and see what you come up with.

I leave you with a song that seems fitting for this reflective mood I'm in. Enjoy.

Because I'm posting this from the iPad, you'll have to click the link to check out the song. Do it--it's so worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJN9YIOl1xE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Until tomorrow,

♥ Marlee

No comments: