Sunday, September 18, 2011

Soup's on!

As I type this, I'm in the midst of enjoying a lovely bowl of oatmeal on this fine Sunday morning.  I'm staying home, which is a rarity for me on a Sunday, and I decided that I wanted to make some soup.  Ergo, whilst I am enjoying said bowl of oatmeal, I also have chicken boiling on the stove in my awesome soup pot.

What am I making, you ask?  Well, friends, I was digging through my pantry to figure out exactly what my ingredient options are, and then I found a few things that sounded particularly delicious as additions to chicken soup.  Here's the breakdown:

-I'm currently boiling a chicken breast and a number of drumsticks, all of which are skin-on and bone-in. (For the best flavor.)
-The chicken was already brought to a boil, so now it'll simmer for a good while, especially since I pulled the chicken straight from my freezer.
-Waiting in the wings (sorry for that pun), are the following ingredients:
~A can of Cream of Chicken soup
~A can of corn
~A can of cream corn
~Onion powder
~Pepper
~A couple bouillon cubes, just in case

So ultimately I should wind up with some sort of creamy chicken/corn concoction.  I'm really excited about it!  I'll take some pictures later when it's finished and share the end result with you.

Oh and also, to make this an extra productive Sunday, I'm doing a small load of laundry, and I'm grading papers and writing lesson plans today.  I'm like flipping Wonder Woman, right?

Happy Sunday!  What are your plans for today?

See you later!

♥ Marlee

No comments: