Saturday, September 24, 2011

Cleaning, and a little creeped out. (And also some cooking.)

Happy Saturday, everybody!

(Oh, and welcome, Fall--I've missed you so!)

I'm beginning to think that something has changed in me.  I've always been someone who wasn't really concerned with cleaning.  I would pick up here and there when I absolutely had to, but normally, I just don't really care about it.

And then this week happened.

Suddenly, when I'm waking up in the morning, I'm making my bed.

I eat breakfast and clean up my dishes.

I'm packing my lunch the night before, which saves me time in the morning.

When I get home from work, I'm immediately taking out the dishes from my lunchbox and putting them in the dishwasher.

What?

Who?

Me?

And so, here I sit on Saturday morning, after 5 consecutive days of actually pretty diligently cleaning up behind myself, and the only cleaning I have to do is running the dishwasher, doing a load of laundry that includes my sheets, and maybe running the vacuum later.

Holy crap, guys.  I'm becoming a cleaner.

It's hard for me to really connect in my brain that it's not even 11 on a Saturday morning, and my cleaning is done, except for putting things away later.

(On that note, I need to go put my laundry into the dryer.)

SEE?  What was that?!?

It would creep me out even more if I didn't totally feel like I'm reaping the benefits of this change.  I don't have a lot of stuff to worry about in the evenings when I get home from school, and this week that's been more of a blessing than ever.   I'm able to come home, heat up some dinner, and then crawl right into my nice neat bed when I'm ready.

Here's hoping it's a habit that sticks.  (Even though it still kind of creeps me out.)

Also on the docket for today is cooking a new batch of...something...to stick in the fridge (and maybe the freezer) for lunch and dinner stuff.  I went through my pantry and my freezer, and I think I know what I'm going to create.  Here are the ingredients so far:

-4 hamburger patties, which I plan on browning and chopping up
-2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
-garlic pepper
-rotini pasta

Sounds delicious, right?  I figured I could do the meat and the soup and kind of make my sauce just right, then boil the pasta and make some magic.  Here's hoping, anyway...

I suppose that's all for now.  I have some papers to grade and lessons to write, and wouldn't you know, I have plenty of time for both...

...must be that cleaning thing.

♥ Marlee

No comments: