Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday Special!


Hey kids,

I know I don't normally post on the weekends, but today I had one of those perfect car rides. Have you ever had one? I picked a great CD that had a variety of artists on it. It was actually the soundtrack for the movie Twilight. I love this soundtrack for a variety of reasons, one of them being that it has such a wide range of artists. It begins with Muse and includes Paramore, The Black Ghosts, and even a lovely tune by Iron & Wine.

But here's the best part.

I started the CD just after getting on the road from my apartment. The very last track finished literally as I was pulling into my parents' driveway.

How perfect is that??

The weather was gorgeous, so I kept my windows down for most of the 45-minute drive. And I just felt...good. Have you ever had a drive like that? Perfect weather; perfect music; perfect scenery.

It's a feeling that's an incredible balance of peace and energy.

I can't really explain it any other way.

So, anyway, just thought I'd share that with you guys. Hope everyone in my neck of the woods (or anywhere else with great weather) was able to get out and enjoy some of the great outdoors.

I'm spending this evening at my parents' house and we're watching the Canes play. It's good to spend time with family. I hope you have plenty of opportunities to do the same.

I'll wrap this up now, but have a fantastic weekend, everyone. I'll see you folks here on Monday for our next Music Moment!

♥ Marlee


No comments: