Sunday, June 14, 2015

Ulta Mini-Haul!

Hello, my friends!

I took a walk through Ulta the other day and wound up purchasing a couple of fun items that were on sale.  Thought I'd share them with you!

First up is an eye shadow palette--this is the Take Me There Palette by Ulta.  It's a 16-shade palette that also includes an eye shadow primer and a small brush.  Here's the palette closed and opened--I used the flash on the open picture so you could better see the shades.


The primer is in the circle in the middle.

I haven't gotten to try these out on the lid yet, but I did do some swatches of each of the quads.  I'll include those below with the names of the shades--there's a handy dandy diagram on the back that helps with identifying the various shades. The top row in each of these pictures is over a thin layer of Hard Candy's Eyes the Limit eye shadow primer, the bottom row is without.  I'll give some first impressions after I share all of the swatches.  Let's take a look!


This first set is from the bottom quad.  Shades, from left to right, are:
Majesty
Green Machine
Brownie
Aztec Gold-


This quad is from the left side of the palette.  Shades pictured are:
Khahki
Sunburst
Sunrise
Mimosa


This is from the top quad on the palette.  Shades pictured are:
(Glitter Topcoat) Deep End
Glittering Sands
Key West
Sapphire


This last quad is the one on the right side of the quad.  It's one of my favorite sets, I think.  
Shades pictured are:
Hopeless Romantic
Elegance
Naked
Eggplant

First impressions: I'm excited to play around with these shades to make some more complex eye looks.  The primer is pretty useless as far as I can tell, so that's why I didn't use it in the swatches.  The one downside to not being "name brand" shadows is that while they all feel good, some of the shades are bit chalky.  My favorite shades tend to be the ones with a bit of shimmer, though I'm pumped on some of the darker matte shades because I know I'll have fun playing with those.  This kit was on sale for $9, and I figured for 16 shades, that was a steal no matter what.  I'll try to remember to take pictures as I play with these shades on my eyes and I'll update you when I get to my end of the month wrap-up.

In addition to the eye shadow palette, I was intrigued by a little Ulta Liquid Lipstick & Primer kit. This kit contains 3 bold liquid lipstick shades, along with a primer to wear beneath them and a small lip brush.  Bolder lip colors have become a point of interest for me over the past few months, and I figured this was an easy (and expensive) way for me to acquire some fun shades.  Here's the kit:


Here are some quick swatches on my wrist--I didn't bother with the primer here.
From left to right: Pink Spritzer, Ruby Red, and Mimosa

I figured actually seeing them on the lip was worth it, too  So here are each of the shades on my lips with a thin layer of the primer under them.  Let me begin by saying that when they say a little goes a long way, they mean it.  These things are super pigmented!


Pink Spritzer

Ruby Red

Mimosa
First impressions: I'm so stoked on these, friends.  They're going to be super fun for summer time, and they wear really easily.  This kit was on sale for $7.50, and it was worth every penny.  This may turn out to be the door that gets me into really liking super pigmented lip products--time will tell.

That about wraps up this mini haul--I hope you enjoyed learning about these products.  I look forward to giving you more of a review after some time to play around with them a bit more.  Until next time, don't forget to be awesome.

Best wishes,

Marlee

No comments: