Monday, June 22, 2015

June 2015 Birchbox!

Hello again, my friends!

I've just returned back to town after taking a little vacation to spend some time with my parents down in Myrtle Beach. :)  While I was gone, my Birchbox arrived, so it's time to take a look at the goodies I've gotten this month!

I don't have a whole lot of preamble to offer up, so I'm just going to dive right in.  Let's do this thing!

Here's my beautiful box--totally in love.


.

 Products number 1 & 2:


Temple Spa
Good Hair Day Shampoo
Full size, $14
Sample size - 0.84 fl oz
Sample value - $1.73

Temple Spa
In Good Condition Conditioner
Full size, $14
Sample size - 0.84 fl oz
Sample value - $1.73

These are the perfect size for travel, and they smell pretty good.  I'm excited to try them out and tell you more about my thoughts when I do my end of month wrap-up.  More to come on these!

Product number 3:


Skyn Iceland
Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels
Full size, $30
Sample size - one pair
Sample value - $3.75

I'm looking forward to testing these out--they were my sample choice for this month's box.  Maybe tonight after I take off my makeup, I'll try them on and see how they go. I got a pair of eye patches from Kloraine in my ipsy last month and they were just okay, so hopefully these will actually offer noticeable relief.  Again, more to come later. 

Product number 4:


Dr. Jart+
Premium BB Cream SPF 45+
Shade 02 Medium-Deep
Full size, $39
Sample size, 0.17 fl oz
Sample value - $4.42

This is supposedly a light coverage foundation with built in anti-aging and a high SPF for protection.  The shade seems like an okay match for my skin tone, especially now that I've gotten some color.  I'll give this a go see how it looks on my face as a foundation--Dr. Jart+ is a mega-favorite in the skincare and makeup scene.  While I'm not likely to drop almost $40 on a full size, I'll certainly get the most I can out of this sample!

Product number 5:


Marcelle
Mini Waterproof Eyeliner
Shade: Indigo
Full size. $11
Sample size - 0.028 oz
Sample value - $7.70

Here's a swatch:

This is a really pretty, creamy eyeliner.  I'm excited to get some use--the texture is much softer than the Ofra eyeliner, so I think it'll be a whole lot easier to use.  I'll try to take some shots of it on my eye when I put it to use.

BONUS Product number 6:


Pura Vida
Lace Headband
Full size (pack of 8), $18
Sample size - one headband
Sample value - $2.25

This headband is super cute--it's very pretty light blue shade, and it fits very snugly--it may actually be a bit on the small side, but I'll use it while I can.  It'll be great for when I need to wash my face or take off/apply makeup.  

All in all, this month's box had some decent stuff in it.  Total value of this month's box was around $21.58, which is still well worth the $10 subscription price.  I've got a quite a few things that'll be fun to play with, and I'll be back in a week or two with some wrap up conclusions about this month's ipsy Glam Bag and Birchbox.

If you're interested in trying out Birchbox for yourself, click here to sign up and give it a try.  It's a super fun way to learn about and try out new products and I highly recommend it!

Okay, friends, that's it for now--in the meantime, don't forget to be awesome, and I'll be back soon with our June wrap up.

Best wishes,
Marlee






No comments: