Thursday, May 7, 2015

On new directions, new obsessions, and being forgetful (as always).

Hey there.

Yep, I did it again and let another year(ish) pass between posts.  Life gets busy, things are constantly moving, and unfortunately, I'm not the best at keeping up blogs.

Someone suggested to me recently that I consider blogging about beauty products.  See, I've become a bit of an addict.

I've been subscribed to Birchbox for about a year now.  For those of you who are unfamiliar, Birchbox is a beauty sample subscription service.  For $10 a month, I get a box of sample and deluxe sample size products to test out and review.  Reviews earn you points, and points can be redeemed in the Birchbox store toward the purchase of full-size products.

If you're interested in signing up, click here and check it out.  I thoroughly enjoy it.  Birchbox has opened my eyes to the world of beauty products and I've officially fallen down the rabbit hole.

My makeup regimen now includes things like primer (for my face, and for my eyes), brow gel, liquid eyeliner, and a variety of tools that I never thought I needed a year ago.  I don't for one second claim to be any kind of expert on beauty products, but I can give you my honest feedback and tell you about my experiences.

I also recently subscribed to Ipsy because I couldn't stand it, and it's only another $10 per month.  I'll get my first Glam Bag sometime in the middle of this month, hopefully around the same time that my Birchbox arrives.

So I'm thinking that maybe I'll channel my energies on this blog into a bit of show and tell and some reviews of products that I'm receiving and testing out from my beauty subscription services.  I'll also share about new products I try and give you my thoughts (for what they're worth).

Anyway, I guess that's all for now.  My next post will likely be to share what May has brought me in my Birchbox and/or Ipsy Glam Bag.  I'm super pumped to start this journey and see where it takes me!

Stick around if you think you might enjoy the ride, too!

-Marlee

No comments: