Sunday, May 10, 2015

A mini-haul: show and tell

Hello again!

For the first time in a good while, my Birchbox isn't arriving to me within the first week of the month!  I've been spoiled and I'll admit that, so I won't spend too much time complaining.  My Birchbox should be here by the middle of next week, and my ipsy Glam Bag should ship around the middle of the month.  I've heard different stories about ipsy's shipping, so I'll be interested to see if it arrives close to my Birchbox.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share a bit about some shopping I did today.  I walked about in Target for a while--this past week was Teacher Appreciation Week, and one of the things I received was a gift card for Target.  I didn't really have anything in particular that I was looking for, which is always nice but also slightly maddening.  I wound up grabbing a few items, and I thought I'd share them with you.

I stayed in Raleigh this weekend and forgot my makeup wipes, and actually forgot to take off my makeup last night for the first time in ages.  So I had makeup wipes on my mind (mine are getting low), and then I stumbled across these babies:


These smell heavenly.  They're a little thin compared to some other brands I've tried, but they took off the eyeliner and eyeshadow still caked on my eyes and didn't irritate my skin, so that was definitely a good first impression.  These ran me $6.99 before tax.

Another purchase was made on a bit of a whim.  These things are so delicious and I hadn't yet seen this flavor (one of my favorites) in stores, so I had to purchase two boxes, of course.  They were on special for $2.99/box.

Guys, for real.  These are delicious AND guilt-free.  Do recommend.

Another purchase--this one actually makeup related, was this:
I've been really wanting a setting powder, and I've heard surprisingly positive reviews about this line from Wet n Wild.  Pretty sure this was only about $4.99 or so before text.  I'll let you know how it works out!

Also grabbed a book I've been dying to read:
This book has been recommended by so many people.  I've already gotten a good portion of it read in the short time I've had it, so I'm excited to see if it keeps me engaged the whole time!

Last purchase to share is a product I actually repurchased at Ulta.  I found this moisturizer a little while back and have fallen in love with it.  It's light and smells great and I use it both at night and in the morning before makeup goes on my face.  Because of an unexpected discount, this baby ran me only $6 and change with tax included.

That's about it for now--I'm happy with my purchases, and excited to test out some new products!

Hopefully the next time I post, you'll be learning about the contents of my Birchbox and/or ipsy Glam Bag!  Until then,

-Marlee

No comments: