Friday, August 12, 2011

Lazy day.

Hello, again!

Today I'm deciding to forego the vlog, simply because there hasn't been a ton of activity to report to you. We had to get up in time to get breakfast before it wasn't out anymore, so we did.

But we went back to bed when we came back. :) We've had a couple of pretty full days, so we are taking total advantage of this day where we don't have any major stuff going on during the day.

When we woke up, it was more or less time for lunch. (When I say we've had a lazy day, I mean it.) So we ate a little lunch in the hotel room, and then decided to hit up the pool again.

After some great time swimming, we laid out at the pool and followed that up with a bit of poolside reading. It was great to take a few moments to really just soak up being on vacation, especially since this will be my last vacation for a while.

After swimming, we decided to head back to the room and Lesli hopped in the shower. I was planning on showering right after her because I usually can't stand my hair to be unwashed after swimming, but in a crazy demonstration of its utter defiance of the odds, my hair turned out super cute and curly after it dried. So, I decided to opt out of showering for now, put a couple of clips in my hair, and I'm totally happy with it.

Currently, our dinner is cooking in the microwave, and then we move on to our first real plans for this day--the drum circle. Asheville has a culture all its own, and we have some time on our hands, so at the suggestion of Lesli's sister, we're heading downtown to take part in a well-loved tradition tonight. We'll head down in the next 45 minutes or so, and then just take our time exploring downtown and enjoy the evening. We're hoping to meet up with Shannon and Andrew again. :)

Anyway, not too much to report, really. I'm thoroughly enjoying my time out here in Asheville, and I'm looking forward to seeing Emily and baby Andrew tomorrow. It should be great fun.

I'll come at you again tomorrow after we settle back into the room for the night, so until then...

♥ Marlee

No comments: