Saturday, August 13, 2011

Nostalgia

We could never have loved the earth so well if we had had no childhood in it. -George Eliot

Today was a nice ending to a great vacation. We headed back to Waynesville to spend some time with Emily and baby Andrew, which was great fun. Babies are pretty much the best, right? After spending a delightful few hours with her, we were able to meet up with Shannon and Andrew for a last visit. That was also a lot of fun, and it was nice to get to see them both one more time before we have to head back home.

After that visit, we decided to take a trip down memory lane and visit our homestead, Western Carolina University. Neither of us has been back since I graduated in 2008, and so much has changed about our campus. It's growing and old buildings have been torn down to make way for new ones, leaving our campus a jigsaw of old and new. Things are so different, but it still has that feel of home. My college days were pretty awesome.

So we got back to our hotel room just before dinner time and decided to just chill out. We've been watching tv, napping, and relaxing on this our last day of vacation. We'll check out tomorrow morning, and then I'm dropping Lesli off in Gastonia and heading back to Lillington. Life will have to resume, and while I'm sad to see our vacation come to an end, I'm so pumped on this new school year. Bring. It. On.

I'm signing off for tonight, and you probably won't hear much from me for a day or so, but take care and I'll talk to everyone soon!

Until next time,

♥ Marlee

No comments: