Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Reflections on a year of learning...

Hi there, friends!


I've spent some time with some great people over the last day or so, and I'm looking forward to spending a little more time with another friend tonight.

What can you do when you're off for the summer but spend some time reflecting and thinking?

I was thinking about how far I've come in thisNumbered List past year, and how many lessons I've learned in this brief window of time. Care to read a few of them?

Well, let's go!

-Denial of a problem (no matter what the size) doesn't make the problem go away.
-It's possible to lie to yourself just as much as you lie to others.
-It's actually okay to put yourself first and make decisions that are a little selfish every now and then.
-Relationships change.
-True friends are interested in meeting you halfway.
-Cleaning doesn't suck quite as much as you think it does. (For serious.)
-Don't allow negativity to bring you down, especially when the source is practically worthless.
-There are plenty of positive people in the world for every negative person that you meet.
-Hard work is difficult, but always worth it.
-Life can always be beautiful. It's a matter of choice.

Lots of learning there, eh?

It amazes me when I think back to where I was in my life at this time last year. I have come so far, and I'm feeling ready for whatever is coming my way next.

What are some lessons you've learned? Do you have a favorite from my list? Share in the comments section below and I'll come at you folks again soon with another blog or perhaps even a vlog. :)

Have an awesome Wednesday!

♥ Marlee

No comments: