Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Hey, everybody!

I hope everyone is enjoying their Father's Day weekend. I've been spending mine with my family, and it's always nice to unwind and relax without any major agenda to follow.

I came out to Raleigh unexpectedly on Friday night--my dad came out to see me, as planned, however, my a/c was acting up again. I returned from my day of spending time with the lovely Ginny to a house without any a/c, and down here in the south, it's been pretty stinkin' hot.

So, there was a note on my counter from my landlady, who said that when they came to check on my unit (per my request earlier that day), they discovered that the unit was apparently frozen in the attic. Awesome. It'll freeze up there, but I'm cooking down here.

So, anyway, my daddy being the awesome daddy that he is, he told me to pack a bag and head back to Raleigh so I wouldn't have to sweat it out until "later" when the a/c people were supposed to be coming back. I'm hoping that when I get home, I'll walk into a well air-conditioned apartment.

In honor of Father's Day, I thought I'd find a few appropriate quotes to post in honor of all the dad's out there. Feel free to steal one for your Father's Day card if you need to. :)

He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. ~ Clarence Budington Kelland

Father! - to God Himself we cannot give a holier name. ~ William Wordsworth

There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself. ~ John Gregory Brown, Decorations in a Ruined Cemetery, 1994

Spread the diaper in the position of the diamond with you at bat. Then fold second base down to home and set the baby on the pitcher's mound. Put first base and third together, bring up home plate and pin the three together. Of course, in case of rain, you gotta call the game and start all over again. ~Jimmy Piersal, on how to diaper a baby, 1968

Well, folks, there you go! I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll be back early this coming week with a video blog or two, but until then, take care!

♥ Marlee

1 comment:

Peter Bourey said...

I liked the content......as always well written.....but please loose the font.