Sunday, June 12, 2011

Helloooooo summer!

Hiya.

Sorry. (Again.)

Now that we're into the summertime, I'm hoping it'll be easier to update this thing a little more frequently.

Did I mention we're into the summertime?

I'm stoked. I haven't had a real summer off since I started teaching 3 years ago, so I'm looking forward to a short sabbatical from teaching.

So what am I do with all of that free time this summer?

Tutoring, of course. But tutoring, to me, isn't nearly as involved as teaching. First of all, I can cater to the kid I'm working with, and there's no big test hanging over my head. Secondly, pulling together materials isn't too difficult once I've nailed down what the parent wants me to focus on with their kid. Thirdly, it's extra money.

So, anyway, I'm only at school one more day tomorrow to finish packing up my room. Then I get Tuesday off and have a workshop to attend Wednesday and Thursday, so this week isn't totally uneventful, but I'm officially done teaching for this school year. Crazy, right?

I'll try to keep you abreast of all of the exciting things that I'll be up to this summer. Hopefully you still come around once in a while to check this thing out, eh?

Also, stay tuned for further additions to my list. They will be forthcoming.

See you soon!

♥ Marlee

No comments: