Friday, June 24, 2011

So...early...

So, against every urge in my body, I was up this morning at about 5:45. Yuck. I am not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination, so not much could get me up that early.

My air-conditioner should now be problem-free! Hooray!

My repairmen showed up right around 6:15 this morning to begin work on my attic unit, and it appears that now, around an hour later, they are finished. They just took out their ladder and the last of their tools.

They didn't, however, say anything to me at all during the time they were here--or when they were done, for that matter. (Seriously. I even said "Good morning," and all I got was a mumbled "...morning..." from the kid who appeared to be around 17--apparently the main repairman's assistant?)

Is that weird?

I mean, I know that they had a job to do, and I am most certainly glad that they did it with such speed. However, they didn't say anything to indicate to me that they were finished. They just...walked out.

Something feels a little off-kilter about that. Seems to me that they should at least say, "We're all done. Have a good day." ("Thanks for getting up ridiculously early to let us come and fix this.")

What do you think?

Anyway, I'm finishing throwing the last of my essentials into my bag for this weekend at Lesli's, and then around 8:30 or so, I'm off to the lovely town of Gastonia. :) I'm super excited to get to spend time with Lesli this weekend, and I know we'll have a great deal of fun. It's also kind of my first real vacation this summer, so that makes it that much more exciting.

Can't promise that I'll blog much while I'm gone, but I'll be sure to let you know about the visit and all of the great teacher stuff I'll have gotten next week--perhaps with another video blog? Let me know what you think of me integrating the video blogs onto here. I think it adds something kind of fun to my page, but if they're totally obnoxious, then I can stick to the typing. :)

Alrighty, kids. Have a great Friday and a FANTASTIC weekend and I'll talk to you folks again next week!

♥ Marlee

No comments: