Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Bittersweet

A great friend and true pillar in my church and in his community, Chuck Baker, lost his five-year battle with colon cancer this past weekend. Chuck was the epitome of a Christian in so many aspects of his life. He was so involved in everything at our church, and even though he'd been at church less and less in recent weeks, I truly felt his absence this past Sunday.

I'm beyond glad that Chuck gets to chill with Jesus now, and I'm so glad that he isn't suffering anymore...but man, it really sucks to lose someone. Even when you pretty much know it's coming.

So tomorrow, along with my parents and what's sure to be a filled sanctuary, we'll pay tribute to the life Chuck led, and celebrate the end of his suffering.

Heaven has truly gained another angel.

♥ Marlee

If you're interested in learning a little about Chuck's life, his obituary can be found here.

No comments: