Wednesday, September 16, 2015

September 2015 ipsy Glam Bag!

Hello again, my friends!

My September glam bag arrived literally the day after my Birchbox, and I was super excited to dive into it and explore the goodies ipsy had to offer me for this month.  Let's great right to it!

Here's the bag for this month and the card that came with it--not that it gives me any more information than usual.  But the bag is super cute; there's a sort of golden glamour theme this month. :)



Product number one: 

First Aid Beauty
Ultra Repair Cream
Full size, $12-$30
Sample size, 1 oz
Sample value, $5.50

This is a pretty nice cream--its description says it's full of colloidal oatmeal, shea butter, and eucalyptus oil, among other things.  It should be great for irritated or dry skin, and I'll probably get some good use out of it as the weather gets colder.  I'm glad to have it!

Product number two:

Garnier Fructis
Sleek & Shine Sleek Primer Style Prep
Product is full size!
Product value, $4.29

Garnier is a brand I use a variety of products from, and I enjoy their hair products a lot--they always smell great, and their shampoos have worked really well for me.  This product is intended for folks who use styling tools like straighteners and blow dryers, which isn't exactly relevant to me.  I generally let my hair air dry unless I absolutely must blow dry it, so I'm not sure I'll get much use out of this.  However, I know some friends who might benefit from it, so I'll find it a good home.  

Product number three:

Elizabeth Mott
Queen of the Fill Tinted Brow Gel
Shade: Light Medium
Product is full size!
Product value, $20

I'm a major fan of Benefit's Gimme Brow, which I have in the shade Medium/Deep because of how dark my brows are.  This is a lighter shade, so I'm not sure it'll work as well, but I will absolutely give it a try.  What I love about Gimme Brow is that it not only has a tinted gel, but adds volume to your eyebrows by adhering to the hair.  If this product has a similar effect, I might have to try it out for a while--it's a few bucks cheaper than Benefit!

Product four:

NYX Cosmetics
ipsy Eye Shadow Trio
Product was made exclusively for ipsy subscribers.
Comparable eye shadow trios go for $3-$6

I'm a fan of NYX products, and as you can see from the swatches above, 2 of these three shadows are nice and pigmented.  The lightest shade, which looks gorgeous in the pan, just doesn't translate onto my skin.  I'll give it a try with some shadow primer and a brush, but I'll still get use out of the 2 darker shades even if the lighter one is a bit of a let down.

Product five:

J. Cat Beauty
#MOTD Waterproof Slide on Pencil for Eyes
Shade: Bronze
Product is full size!
Product value, $2.49

J. Cat Beauty is a brand I've heard about from some of my favorite beauty bloggers, but I haven't yet tried out their products.  I'm super stoked to have this eye liner in such a unique shade.  I tried to swatch it, but it doesn't translate to pictures very well, so I'll try to take pictures when I incorporate it into an eye look for my monthly wrap up!

Well, kids, that's it for this month's subscription unboxing/unbagging!  Total value for this month's bag comes to around $36.78, which is pretty close the value of this month's Birchbox.  I hope you've enjoyed learning about the things I've gotten to try out.  If you're interested in checking out ipsy for yourself, click here!

I'll see you folks again at the end of the month for the wrap-up! Until then, don't forget to be awesome.

Best wishes,
Marlee






No comments: